Monday, December 15, 2008

Peja is feeling bad

Peja..or Rottie who is 8..started acting really weird yesterday. She didn't want to eat or drink. When I took her outside to potty, it took all she had to make it up the stairs. Then once she got inside she laid in the foyer and didn't move. When she finally made it upstairs she laid all day and didn't get up to go potty again. When Larry got home I couldn't find her, we looked everywhere and finally found her in our shower.



She was fine all weekend. We even played in the yard since it was nice on Saturday.



Larry took her outside to potty before we went to bed, when she got out there he said she just laid on the ground and didn't move. He had to carry her in and lay her on her blanket. This morning she had moved a little, but has been in that same spot since, she won't go outside. We did get her to drink a little.



I called the vet...out to lunch... so waiting for them to call back.



I'm so sad. We have had her since she was 8 weeks old. The kids keep asking why she's sleeping and not playing. Derek told me this morning it looks like shes dead. I hate to have this happening so close to the holidays.



I'll let you know what happens

4 comments:

Kim said...

:-( Poor Peja. I hope the vet calls back soon and you get some answers today.

Cherrie said...

Don't want to scare you, but a friend of mine's dog was acting like that and she has lyme's disease. She is on an antibiotic for 45 days, but will be fine.
Good Luck...ticks have been very bad this year.

Cherrie

Christina said...

OH NO, I really hope she's ok but it really isn't sounding good. Keeping my fingers crossed that she just has the ick and is back to her good ole self.

Vanessa said...

Praying they can find a quick fix and get her feeling better for the holidays!!