Thursday, February 26, 2009

One PROUD " Mom"

Our Hawks played their final game tonight. It was one of the best games I have watched in a long time. I am so proud of those boys. I have watched them play their entire high school careers and they have grow into the finest young men I could know. They make me proud to know them.
Now I know every team always says how they were cheated or they didn't have the right calls. Well this time it was true. When parents and other people watching the game can see the bad calls you know something is wrong.

We played Handley tonight. They're a really good team, don't get me wrong. BUT they had some refs that were on their side. We had fouls called on us when we weren't even doing what they called. There were so many times the whistle blew, but no one seemed to know what the fouls was so a travel was called. You would have thought we were taking a Sunday stroll. They shot 40 free throws, we shot 17?? Anything wrong with this picture?

I am so proud of these boys. They gave it all they had and it showed. They have grown up and acted like the gentlemen they are. I would be proud to have any of them as a son.

Tonight was the last game for our Seniors, Andrew, Terrell, Kieren, Keaton, Devon, Eric, Joe and Tyler. They did a great job and had an awesome season. They should be so proud of themselves. I am and I know Larry is. Derek looks up to those boys and I couldn't ask for better role models for my son.

I love you boys and am so proud of you. Keep your heads up, be proud of what you have done and what what you have become.

Derek got to go in the locker room after the game. He came out and said:
" Mom, was tonight Skyline's last game?"
I told him it was and he was almost in tears.He has "know" these boys his whole life. Most of these boys were playing on Larry's JV team when Derek was 2. He has always looked up to them and he had so much admiration for these boys. They have always been around him and have always played with him when he goes to the gym. They have never turned away from him and have always given him 5 or shook his hand. He always feels like such a big kid when he gets to do that, He is in basketball heaven to have them around.

Thank you to my boys who have been such great influences on my kids. They have great role models in you all. Best of luck in all you do and remember we love you:)

1 comment:

Kim said...

Aww Derek is so sweet!

It sucks when refs have to ruin the game. So not fair!