Saturday, February 07, 2009

Senior Night at Skyline

It's hard to believe that these boys are already seniors!!! Wow the time has gone by so fast, and they're not even my kids..well sorta:)
Larry and I are so proud of these boys. They have grown into wonderful young men who we love dearly. We wish them all the best in their futures as they head out into the world!

Before the game all the senior players were introduced along with their parents, where they were continuing their education and their favorite memory from school. I was taking pictures and happen to look up to where they were coming in and shaking hands with the coaches and who do I see?? Derek right there next to Larry shaking those boy's hands. He felt like a superstar. And those boys shook his hand. They all love him and I'm glad that they have never shut him out. I think that's another reason he likes to play the game so much. He's had a great group of kids to look up to for the past 4 years. I couldn't have asked for better role models for my little man.

Thanks boys!!

We had a GREAT game last night!! A great way to celebrate their senior year, and the final home game of the season. The score was close the whole game. In the final seconds of the game Terrell( #15) made a basket, was fouled and made his free throw to make the score 49-48.... the other team got the ball back and was headed back up the court, we got it loose from them, held the ball for a split second and WON!!! All the fans came running out onto the court and it was GREAT!!! Those kids were so happy, as were the fans and families!!

After the game we has dinner and cake for the seniors and their families.


Derek and Sabrie ( She is the BEST kid I have ever met.) Cerah and Derek LOVE her.
Our Senior boys.. ( and a future Senior)
Top: Andrew, Joe, Eric
Next: Keaton ( Sabrie's brother), Devon, Tyler
Kieren, Derek and Terrell
( this picture was taken in the locker room after the game. I guess a perk to being a coach's son)

Keaton and Derek
Derek's shirt has Keaton's name and number on the back.

Cerah and Derek's sign. He was so proud of that sign. After the game all the senior players signed it for him. We're gonna frame it and hang it in his room with the picture



See alllll those signs on the wall??? I made them :)
When we were in school...so many years ago... we used to do that for the players.. No one was doing it this year so I did. They got to take their name home.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, that is awesome! The boys would love reading it if they could see it I bet! I want a copy of that seniors picture too! You really have a way of expressing yourself--seriously!! This is great!

Griz said...

That's cool that you did the posters. I always enjoyed having that stuff done when we were in school too. It kinda made you feel important. Plus it gave us more reasons to talk to the girls (to thank them for making the posters). :)